Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Adventure Begins


I have now been living in Arizona for a little over a week.  Everyone has been asking me how I have been acclimating.  Honestly it’s been pretty easy.  The town I’m living in, Sedona, is small but has most of the things I need near by.  The weather is different; thankfully I came at a time when things are cooling off.  The summer might be a different story though.  It is a little dryer than I’m used to, which results in a more rigorous eye drop regime in the morning.  Overall things have been quite smooth.  I of course miss my friends and family back home, but that was an inevitable cost for pursuing this opportunity. 
For those of you who don’t know me as well as you should, I guess I should back-track a little and give some background / details.  Such as, what is this opportunity, where is home and why is he talking about Arizona.  I’m getting all “Quentin Tarantino” on you and telling you things out of order. 

I am a passionate person and have several passions.  One of them is Hospitality.  After much soul searching and irrelevant classes at the local community college I discovered San Diego State Universitie’s Hospitality and Tourism Management program (HTM for short).  I pursued it and received my Bachelor’s of Science (clearly there is so much more to be said about those years but that will have to wait).  During my studies I received several years of industry experience.  Upon graduating I was somewhat at a loss.  It was a little more difficult getting a job than I had anticipated, which scared the shit out of me!  I stressed out, and came to the conclusion that I needed to open myself up to some BIG changes.  This brings us to Sedona.  It was my hope to stay in San Diego, but I said to the world I am open to change, what do you have for me?  When I heard back from Sedona I new that it was the right choice.  It was simply too good to pass up. So I packed up and shipped out (of course with help from some loved ones). 

Thus began a new chapter in my life.  The San Diego college grad who moved out to a small town in Arizona to pursue his passion for hospitality (maybe I’m just full of it, but I swear my life could be a series of films).  So here I am, about a week later living in Arizona.  Unfortunately, I’m at a point in my life where my job is most of my life, but do not fear fellow blog readers I will still have plenty of Adventure to speak of.  And if I don’t… then I guess I’ll have to quite my blog (gosh, it’s only the second post and I’m talking about quitting).  No, I won’t quit.  I know I’ll have Adventures; it’s in my blood.  It’s a major part of who I am.  So with the promise of more Adventures to come I leave you with this: Stay classy San Diego, and for the rest of you (I don’t know) keep doing your thing…?



It's kind of a weird feeling seeing 80% of what you own compacted into such a small area.


On the way up I had to eat fast food (yuck!). 







Admittedly, I am obsessed with San Diego, but I sure picked a beautiful place to spend some time.  

P.S.  Thank you to those of you who helped me, I love you always! 




No comments:

Post a Comment