Tuesday, September 24, 2013

It's a new Blog, It's a new post, It's a new adventure, And I'm feeling good!



I’m not sure how most people start their new blog or what they say in a first post and frankly I don’t care.  Now understand when I say that I don’t care I don’t say that to be a rebellious youth or to try and get attention, what I mean is that I don’t care about following the such social norms.  Some of the things that I value are creativity, originality and just plain being weird.  So I certainly hope that my blog achieves all of those things in your mind.  Please tell me I’m being too normal.  (Yuck!)  That’s one of my biggest fears!

I have started a number of blogs over the last couple of years and I have usually abandoned them for one reason or another.  I think that the longest one lasted about twenty posts.  I’m not entirely sure why, but I have a hypothesis.  Recently, I have made a distinction in my mind between living life and recording it.  This stemmed from the advent of online social media where everyone posts every second of their lives.  I’m sure someone immediately came to mind when I mentioned this.  It’s like there is an online copy of your life that tons of people can look at.  (That just gave me an idea for a creepy sci-fi movie, but that will have to wait.)  I have always error’d on the side of just living your life and not worrying about recording it, because that just takes away time from the former.  Well, I guess I have grown wiser and more mature in my old age and upon further reflection I have found some benefits from the whole recording thing.  And I don’t mean to brag, but there have been some quite interesting things that have happened in this one’s life. 

So I hope you enjoy my blog.  Or at least learn something or are inspired or decide to travel more or adventure more or become a pirate or draw something or do something that makes your life a little more interesting, because if I can make any amount of positive difference in this world I would be a very happy Wayne.  But if you are a negative jerk who can’t appreciate this blog then go somewhere else!  There are a bazillion other blogs that you could go harass!

Until next time fellow adventurers!







1 comment:

  1. Awesome music, great first post. Recommend going double wide on your column width.

    ReplyDelete