Sunday, January 12, 2014

New Toys!

           Guys like their toys and I’m no exception.  Today I got to test out two of my relatively new toys.  One I got for Christmas and the other was a purchase I made a month or two ago.  The purchase I’m referring to is non-other than “The Bomber” (my ATV).  The other toy is my GoPro Hero2.  I imagine I’ll have plenty more Adventures with these two babies!  But that’s in the future.  As for today it was more of a test run. 

            I had a little difficulty starting “The Bomber” up today since she had been sitting around in the cold for a while.  But I eventually got her going.  As soon as I did, I attached my Hero2 to the front rack.  Once it was secured I peeled out.  I had a nearby trail in mind. 

At first I went the wrong way and came to a dead end, then consulted google maps.  Once I knew where I was going I head up the road.  Thankfully “The Bomber” is street legal so I don’t have to tow her to trails, I can just drive if they are close enough.  Once I got to my destination I discovered that the trail was closed for off road vehicles.  You’ll see in the video that there is a locked metal poll.  Disappointed I had to come up with some other place to go.  I decided go with Soldier’s Pass, which was a nearby trail that I had been on when my family visited.  We took that  trail on a rented RZR.  That was a previous post.  I thought it best to pick a trail I was already familiar with. 

The video shows how I got there from uptown Sedona.  The trail is actually pretty short.  It didn’t take me too long to go to the end.  This was a good thing though because I’m still not sure exactly how much gas “The Bomber” goes through, and to be quite honest, I don’t know that I trust the gas gauge all that much either (don’t worry mom, I had an extra gas tank strapped on the back).  On my way out you’ll see I saw some people wearing a Charger’s shirt so I stopped and asked them if they were from San Diego.  They told me that they had just moved to Flagstaff.  I couldn’t talk long since there was a jeep coming the other direction and I had to get out of his way.  They mentioned that there was a big game on this afternoon.  Come to think of it, it’s actually on right now (turning on the TV now).  So I head out and my SD card actually ran out just as I got back to the street.  I clearly need more and larger memory cards. 


            I hope you enjoyed it, with time my videos will only get better.  As always keep the spirit of Adventure alive!





No comments:

Post a Comment