Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Legend of Posse Ground: A Link to My Past


I apologize for the lack of posts recently dear readers.  On top of being busy at the resort I got sick and was not able to Adventure in my free time.  Instead of exploring the outdoors I explored the libraries of netflix in an effort to “take it easy” (yuck!).  Good news everyone, I’m feeling much better now! 

In other good news, my family is coming out to Sedona to visit me this weekend.  This will be their first chance to actually spend some real time out here, since their last trip was cut short.  So in an effort to clean my place up for them I decided to take my laundry to the Laundromat.  On my way out, for whatever reason, I remember something a friend told me.  They said that up Posse Ground road there was a teen center, which had a skate park.  I thought: why the hell not, let’s check it out!  So like so many of my Adventures, I spontaneously decided to follow some vague directions that I remember hearing about from some local. 

Back in the day my best friend Jesse and I used to be avid skateboarders.  We would go entire summers where we must have skated every single day.  I dare say, we became quite skilled in the art.  But one fateful summer there was a huge accident leaving us both traumatized!  No not really, the truth is that we were just getting too beat up and we found other hobbies that occupied our time, like airsoft.  But I kept a board or two and have occasionally rode here or there. 

So today I decided that I should check out this park and maybe try my hand (or feet) at the park. 



Well here it was, Sedona’s only skate park.  One thing that I love about this park already is that it’s one of these skate-at-your-own-risk type parks.  No supervision, very few rules and the possibility of danger (in opinion the American way).  So jumped on my board and started to shred.  Well, maybe not shred, but had a blast just riding around.  It had been a while since I’ve stood on a board.  Thankfully, my balance has good memory and I was able to enjoy myself with only a few mix-ups.  The only thing that I would have enjoyed more would have been if Jesse could have joined me on this Adventure. 






So if you ever find yourself in Sedona Arizona and you need a place to skate now you know where to go, Posse Ground Skate Park up Posse Ground Road off West State Route 89A.  So I guess I should get back to cleaning since my family is coming in.  Hopefully with their arrival will come more Adventures and of course more blog posts so be looking forward to that in the near future.  Until next time fellow Adventurers do something you haven’t done in a while and see you next time!




This song fit the mood so I threw it in.   



No comments:

Post a Comment