Friday, November 8, 2013

Famous Pizza

After my many Adventures I often find it necessary to hit up the local eatery to unwind, replenish nutrients and maybe knock back a cold one (or three).  Being new to Sedona I haven’t established said spots yet, until now. 

             Famous Pizza is one of the many pizza joints here in small town Sedona (it’s bizarre how many pizza places they have here).  But what makes it stand out you ask?  Excellent pizza, reasonable prices, friendly staff and most importantly the best selection of craft brew in town!  They carry Stone, Oak Creek Brewery, Port Brewing, North Coast, Firestone, Sierra Nevada, Ballast Point, Green Flash, Dog Fish Head, Alesmith and Bear Republic just to name a few.  Being a San Diegan I come from a city with an exploding craft brew culture.  I credit my father and uncle for getting me hooked.  So when I stumbled upon Famous Pizza I flipped my shit!  I thought to myself “thank God I don’t have to go without decent beer here in the desert”!  They have three locations but I have decided to frequent their West Sedona Location: 3190 West State Route 89A Suite 300 Sedona, AZ. 

            Today Famous Pizza untapped two imperial stouts.  One was the Big Bad Baptist from Epic Brewing Co. and the other was from Stone Brewery.  I sampled both and went with Epic.  To accompany my Beer I got a Hawaiian pizza substituting the Canadian bacon for pepperonis.  I finished my beer before my pizza so I decided to follow up the stout with Dog Fish Head’s Palo Santo Marron (which is one of my favorite beers ever!).  So clearly I had a great lunch today. 



Imperial Stout from Epic.



Palo Santo. 


            I am of the opinion that Adventurers need a spot to unwind and tell grand tales and epic exploits.  Hopefully you have such a place. 


Keep life interesting fellow Adventurers!   






No comments:

Post a Comment